Retail Director of Stores
Retail Director of Stores
Scope of Position:
- Stores: 20
- Direct Reports: 20
- Indirect Reports: 215
- Direct responsibility for the stores’ sales performance and operating results. Responsible for maximizing sales performance, store operating profit, customer service, and the overall stores’ operations. Work closely with the Retail marketing personnel to seek out opportunities in the local store markets and maximize the mailing list potential. Responsible for managing and controlling the company’s assets, as well as managing and developing employees for succession planning. Ensure all company policies and practices are followed.
Responsibilities:Working with Marketing, develop and execute promotion campaigns using Unica Affinium Campaign tool. This function includes, but not limited to:
- Sales/Margin – 30%: Maintain and monitor sales and margins ($s and %s) this year vs. budget and vs. last year, on a regular basis, for all stores. Learn the sales history for the prior year with the goal of maximizing and creating sales opportunities and future growth, resulting in the attainment of budgeted goals. Work aggressively to identify and implement actions that will rectify stores/classifications experiencing decreasing sales. Work with store management and merchandising planners to ensure that store display and stock levels are adequate to meet forecasted sales budgets. Identify and implement new marketing opportunities to stimulate individual and overall store sales. Support and ensure that all in-store programs, such as Managers Specials, Take One Flyers, Items of the week, etc., are successfully implemented. Monitor and work with store management on efficiently and successfully growing the mailing list. Follow-up and communicate cost effectiveness of local and Retail advertising commitments. Ensure all stores are working together to result in the satisfying off all customer requests. Prepare sales and expense budgets for the Retail channel. This is to include retail stores, warehouse sales, tent sales, etc..
- Expenses/Profitability- 20%: Monitor and control all expenses and payroll proportional to the ratio of actual to budgeted sales for all stores. Train all store management on the functions of a profit and loss statement. Prepare and review Profitability Update reports for Stores on a monthly basis. Work with store management and Retail Operations on identifying opportunities to maximize profits via constant review of supply costs and operational procedures.
- Customer Service – 15%: Create and Maintain a customer centric service focus among all stores. Train and empower store management to resolve all customer complaints at the store level. Ensure that the company training program is being utilized by stores on an ongoing basis. Ensure all stores provide a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for our customers and our employees.
- Human Resources – 15%: Recruit, train and maintain management teams and store staffs that are competent, motivated, and enthusiastic. Monitor the abilities of store management and provide the necessary training to ensure this high level of personnel competency. Work closely with store managers to develop their skills to the next level. Manage (and ensure all store management implements) all personnel policies and administrative functions in coordination with Human Resources programs. Resolve all performance issues in a timely and equitable manner. Provide ongoing performance feedback. Assure all communication is done in a pro-active manner.
- Administration/Operations – 15%: Ensure that all pertinent communication is relayed to store management as well as to Corporate. Make certain that all store level operations are in compliance with current retail operations practices and standards. Review all store funds and records to make sure they are maintained to standards. Communicate any issues of supply replenishment, store maintenance and repair, or landlord/lease issues to VP. Maintain timely JDA entry adjustments and receipts in all stores. Work with store management to guarantee that all loss prevention programs are in place in all store locations. Manage Shrink to company standard. Ensure that all Inventory taking occurs seamlessly. Regulate and approve payment of invoices for store expenses. Monthly travel to stores to assess the results, effectiveness, and quality of retail operations and to offer guidance for improvement.
- Store Openings/Closings – 5%: Manage all store openings and closings in a timely and cost effective manner. Work with Human Resources to coordinate recruiting, training, and closing announcements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years of retail store management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to muli task, set priorities, and complete assignments with accuracy and within established time frames.
- Established a successful record of improving operational efficiencies and profit results within each of the stores.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as aptitude for systems analysis and problem solving.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Travel approximately 67%-75% of the time
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, climb for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting
FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Lenox Corporation, 1414 Radcliffe Street, Bristol PA 19007
Email to Lenox or fax to 267-525-5618.