There’s something so refreshing about sipping a fun, festive drink on the porch or poolside when the weather warms. But if you’re living an alcohol-free life, expecting a little one on the way, or simply don’t want to get zapped by an evening headache after a bit of day drinking, there’s no reason you need to imbibe. For a fresh take on a summer drink, try your hand at mocktails instead! And for a beautiful presentation, you’re going to want to use stylish drinkware like cocktail glasses. Our top pick: Tuscany Classics Stackables.
The Classic: Arnold Palmer
When you first think of an alcohol-free cocktail, The Arnold Palmer is probably what comes to mind. This timeless, lemonade-meets-iced tea treat, created by its namesake golf legend in the 60s, is perfectly presented in Tall Clear Tuscany Classics Stackables.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened iced tea
- 1/3 cup lemonade
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour lemonade and iced tea over ice. Mix well.
- Add a slice of lemon to the rim of the glass.
- Pop a sprig of mint directly in the drink.
The Fun & Fruity: Watermelon Smash
Picture this: a friendly backyard barbecue. You can probably taste the watermelon already, right? No summer occasion is complete without an appearance of this super-hydrating fruit, and you’ve probably enjoyed a Watermelon Smash cocktail in the past. But did you know it’s super simple to make without alcohol? Just replace it with a bit of booze-free bubbly.
- 2 cups watermelon chunks (no rinds)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 oz seltzer (or Sprite or ginger ale)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Watermelon chunk for garnish
- Muddle mint leaves directly in a short cocktail glass.
- Put rindless watermelon chunks in a food processor and puree until liquified. Pour into cocktail glass until halfway full.
- Add lime juice to glass.
- Fill rest of glass with seltzer and ice. Mix.
- Garnish with mint sprig and watermelon.
The Dupe: Virgin Margarita
If you really want the real thing but just can’t (here’s looking at you, moms-to-be) a virgin margarita is the right mocktail for you. Why’s that? We’re convinced it tastes just like the original! All you need to add is one special ingredient to get it just right…pickle juice! And it’s probably already in your fridge, mamas.
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp agave nectar
- 1/8 tsp pickle juice
- 3 oz tonic water
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Run lime wedge around the rim of a short cocktail glass.
- Dip rim into sea salt.
- Directly in glass, add lime juice, lemon juice, agave nectar, and pickle juice. Mix well.
- Stir in tonic water.
- Carefully add ice to fill the rest of the glass.
- Garnish with a lime and enjoy!