These cookies are delightful and easy to make. They will surely bring a smile to everyone’s face. The cookies have a strong chocolate flavor with bits of peppermint and with vegan white chocolate drizzled on top for a taste you will love.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil or melted coconut oil
½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup dairy-free chocolate chunks/chips
¾ cup chopped peppermint candies
¾ cup chopped dairy-free white chocolate
½ cup finely chopped peppermint candies
For The Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350°F and line two baking sheets using parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugars, non-dairy milk, oil, flaxseed, and vanilla extract until combined evenly. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, until combined. Add wet mixture into dry, mixing well until there are no dry spots. Fold chocolate chips and peppermint chunks into cookie dough.
- Scoop roughly 2-tablespoon-sized mounds onto the baking sheets, spread 1 ½ apart. Flatten slightly and repeat until all dough is used; this should create 24-28 cookies.
- Place cookies in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, switching racks midway through. Cool cookies on a rack for 20 minutes before finishing them.
For The Topping:
- Melt vegan white chocolate chunks by either microwaving for 30 seconds or using the double-boiler method. Whisk until smooth and wait for it to cool down enough for drizzling. Test this out by drizzling your finger and seeing if it melts everywhere or creates nice lines (you want the latter).
- Drizzle white chocolate over cookies and top with chopped candy pieces. Serve, or let sit for 15 minutes before packaging for friends!