Who doesn’t love a Halloween party? From the décor to the table settings to the costumes, every aspect is an opportunity to showcase personality and creativity…and that’s true for the menu, too! We’ve gathered four devilishly delicious, eye-catchingly creepy menu ideas your guests can really sink their teeth into.
1. Ghost Pretzels
For fare that’s frightfully fun, Ghost Pretzels are a great way to go. Not only are these sized-right bites irresistible to eat, they’re fun to look at too! Even better, they’re so easy to make, you can invite your little hooligans to help you in the kitchen. We suggest popping them on top of Chelse Muse Dinnerware (in black, natch) for dramatic contrast.
- 30 mini pretzels
- 1 cup of white milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 package of candy eyeballs
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt white chocolate and coconut oil together in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- Dip pretzels into bowl, coating both sides and ensuring an open hole for the mouth. Place prepped pretzels on baking sheet.
- Press eyeballs into chocolate before it dries.
- Once chocolate is dry, pretzels are ready to present on a platter and enjoy!
2. Bloody Tarte
Boys and ghouls are going to go gaga for this one—a surprisingly simple dessert that’s very scary…and very berry. Bloody Tarte is a no-fuss summer staple, rebranded for the spooky season. The dessert’s red center is adorably gory on your Halloween table. (We think it looks a scream on our Blue Bay White dinnerware.)
- 3/4 cup red jam
- 4 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 prepackaged pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place jam in a microwave-safe, medium-size bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in cornstarch and sugar.
- Add fruit and stir.
- Unroll pie crust and place on baking sheet.
- Spoon contents into center of pie crust and spread in an even layer, avoiding edge by 1-1/2”.
- Fold pie crust edge over fruit. Sprinkle edges of crust with sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes.
3. Mad Eye Martini
If you love a themed beverage, well—here’s looking at you, kid. Mad Eye Martini will see you through the party with style, flair…and probably quite a few gasps and recipe requests. (In case you’re wondering, yes, it tastes better than it looks!) For a hauntingly beautiful presentation, use stylish cocktail glasses. Our pick is the Tuscany Classics Martini Glass Set.
- 1 lychee
- 1/4 teaspoon red jam
- 1 blueberry
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz Hpnotiq Liqueur
- 2 oz lychee juice
- Fill lychee with red fruit preserves.
- Place blueberry textured side out into lychee center.
- Skewer with a cocktail pick.
- In a cocktail shaker, pour the vodka, Hpnotiq, and lychee juice. Fill with ice and shake well. Dip rim into sea salt.
- Strain into cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lychee eyeball.
4. Candy Corn Old Fashioned
Orange ya glad we included this one? The perfect complement to your pumpkin-peppered tablescape, the Candy Corn Old Fashioned is an appropriately hued autumnal twist on the classic Old Fashioned. We served it in a Tuscany Classics Cylinder Double Old-Fashioned glass for good looks you’ll love in every season.
- 1-1/2 oz rye
- 1/2 ounce orange bitters
- ¼ oz Grand Marnier
- Candy corn for garnish
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Stir gently to chill and combine ingredients
- Garnish with candy corn and serve!