Fall in love with this simple butternut squash soup recipe from Chandni Patel of Chand’s Kitchen. It’s flavorful, cozy comfort food in a bowl! It takes 30 minutes to make and you only need seven ingredients, plus a few spices and an electric pressure cooker. Make it spooky for Halloween by creating a spider web design at the top. Simply put coconut milk in a squeeze bottle and draw circles at the top of the soup. Then use a toothpick to drag out the web starting from the center to the outer edge of the bowl. Sprinkle some black pepper in the middle and you’ve got an eerie-sistible soup that’s perfect for the season!
Total Time: 25 minutes
Electric pressure cooker
2 cups vegetable stock
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and large pieces
¼ medium onion
2 carrots, peeled and large pieces
4 garlic cloves
1 sage sprig
1 tsp. nutmeg powder
½ tsp. cinnamon powder
1 tsp. cayenne pepper powder
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 cup coconut milk
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the coconut milk, in your slow cooker. Cook on manual pressure for 10 minutes.
- Natural release for 5 minutes and then manual release.
- Remove the sage sprig and then use a hand-held immersion blender to puree the veggies.
- Mix in the coconut milk and stir until combined.
- Drizzle some coconut milk and garnish with black pepper.